Situated at an elevation of 595 metres (1950 feet) above sea level, Merritt tends to experience mild winters with little snowfall and warm, dry, sunny summers;
- Annual Mean Total Rainfall 189.3 mm
- Annual Mean Total Snowfall 99.6 mm
- Hours of Sunshine 2,030 hours
- Annual Mean Daily Temperature 6.7° C
- July Daily Maximum Temperature 28.7° C
- January Daily Minimum Temperature -10.5° C
- Average Frost Free Days 250 days
- Average Growing Season 5 Months
Merritt is a 3-hour drive from Vancouver, 1.5 hours from Kelowna, 45 minutes from Kamloops. There are airports in both Kamloops and Kelowna if you are looking to travel further afield.
Cost of Living
Low-income housing to executive homes, apartments to acreages – Merritt has what you’re looking for and at a fraction of the cost in larger urban centres.
Looking to Move to Merritt?
Contact our Economic Development Department and they can assist you with a relocation package.
Economic Development Manager
Phone: (250) 378-8619