Merritt, A Lifestyle Community: “The Country Music Capital of Canada” with a population of approximately 7,000 is inviting applications for the position of Casual Cashiers for the Recreation & Facilities Department. A great place to live, work and play! Merritt is located in the beautiful Nicola Valley, at the crossroads of the Coquihalla highways, centrally located between Kelowna and Kamloops while only a three (3) hour drive from downtown Vancouver. The community of Merritt is rich in culture and arts, affords year round recreation and community facilities to meet every need. The climate is moderate.
Position Summary Under the general supervision of the Aquatic Centre Administrative Assistant, the Casual/On-Call Cashier performs a variety of duties providing cashiering services as needed, at the City’s recreational facilities as well as other duties as assigned. Duties involve processing program registration requests for a variety of recreation activities, handling cash transactions, completing daily cash reports and answering public inquiries regarding recreation programs, and facility bookings and schedules.
Salary The 2019 pay rate is as per the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Hours of Work This is a casual on-call position - shifts may occur on short notice, and may include evening, weekend and weekday shifts.
• High School graduation.
• Demonstrated typing speed of a minimum of 50 wpm.
• Demonstrated exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel.
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Previous cash handling experience.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to deal with the public and coworkers in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering superior customer service and working within a team environment.
• Valid BC Driver‘s License.
• Experience with recreational booking/registration software.
• Minimum two years recent experience in a similar position, preferably in a local government setting
• Other required skills include excellent verbal and written communication, and computer literacy.
Current resumes reflecting applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position and a current driver abstract will be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, July 19, 2019 to:
Deputy Clerk/Human Resources Manager
City of Merritt PO Box 189, 2185 Voght Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Or by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 Posting Expires: Friday, July 19, 2019