Pilot Application Process
Our intake process for the Merritt B.C. PNP program is now open.
Please review the information below before filling out the intake form and follow Steps 1-4.
Please note, the City of Merritt will not meet potential applicants or immigration consultants for the regional pilot unless qualified through the official intake process.
The City of Merritt BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Pilot has prioritized business start-ups in the following sectors:
- Truck Transportation
- Miscellaneous Store Retailers –
- Due to a large influx of applications the subcategory “NAICS Code #4532: Office supplies, stationery and gift stores Office supplies, stationery and gift stores” has been paused until further notice. The City of Merritt is still considering all other subcategories under the Miscellaneous Store Retailers sector.
- Warehousing and Storage
Applications with business ideas outside these three sectors will be considered in other programs outside of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Pilot. These include the BC PNP Tech Pilot and the PNP Express Entry Program. Entrepreneurs wishing to purchase existing businesses across B.C. are able to register under the standard BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Program.
If selected for a site visit, applicants must be present for the site visit. Verification documents may be requested prior to qualifying for a site visit.
The City of Merritt will review applications once per month in the order that they are received.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for a site visit. See the BC PNP Flowchart below.
Step 1: Review the B.C. PNP Pilot Criteria
Read about program requirements on the Province’s website to ensure you qualify for the pilot.
Eligible applicants must meet all the below criteria:
- Must be a new business from the three sectors identified above
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments
- Minimum personal net worth of $300,000
- Minimum of 51% ownership
- Minimum of 1 new job created
- Exploratory community visit (invitation only)
Step 2: Review Our City of Merritt Business Tools and Resources
Supporting and promoting economic growth is a primary community focus for the City of Merritt. Learn more about the business opportunities available in Merritt and access information on available industrial and commercial land, existing businesses and other useful statistics and facts.
The City of Merritt prides itself on an open-door policy. We encourage business owners, operators and potential investors to communicate with the City regarding their questions and concerns.
Merritt’s Investment Ready Community Profile has a wealth of information on Merritt and investment opportunities.
For a map of available commercial lots in Merritt please visit Realtor.ca
Step 3: Make Sure Your Business Plan is Ready
Step 4: Apply for a Exploratory Visit
After completing Steps 1-3, the City of Merritt invites you to request a site visit hosted by the City of Merritt Economic Development office. Applications are reviewed monthly by the City of Merritt. If you are selected for a site visit, you will be notified at the City of Merritt’s discretion. Due to the high volume of applicants, we appreciate your patience at this time. Please forward completed applications to Will George at email@example.com.
Exploratory Visit Requirements
It will be your responsibility to ensure you meet all of the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot.
- Contact information including name, email, phone number, and address
- CELPIP or IELTS English Test Score
- Language requirement CLB4. Visit IRCC for more info
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Business Details
- Type of business you are proposing to start in Merritt (including three-digit NAICS code)
- Business Concept (See 5.2. EI – Regional Pilot: Business Concept Scoring (pg. 59)
- Your self-declared scores from BCPNP Online
The formal support of the City of Merritt is needed for a referral to the BCPNP Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot. The information you provide will allow us to determine if we will be inviting you to an exploratory visit to our community. We will inform you within 10 business days of our decision.