The City of Merritt’s annual watering restrictions began on May 1, 2021. The restrictions are intended to improve water conservation and reduce peak water demands.
At the council meeting on August 31, 2021, Council adopted the new Outdoor Use of Water Policy, which will continue to enforce watering restrictions until further notice.
The City of Merritt is now on Level 4 for residential water use, which allows:
- Lawn watering: 1 day a week
- Garden watering: 2 days a week
- With a manual sprinkler: 6 am – 8 am or 7 pm – 9 pm
- With an automatic irrigation system: 12 am – 2 am
- Even house numbers: Friday
- Odd house numbers: Tuesday
For more information on watering restrictions and levels, click below for Outdoor Water Conservation Policy.
We thank you for taking steps to reduce your water use!