The City of Merritt is currently undertaking an update of its Official Community Plan and we invite you, or a representative from your organization, to participate in upcoming events to help shape the direction of the Official Community Plan.
The current Official Community Plan was adopted by City Council in 2011. Since then, community values and priorities have shifted. In reviewing and refreshing the OCP, the City of Merritt would like your input to identify the achievements of the past decade, while developing a vision for growth over the next 20 years. Through public engagement events, you can help shape the direction for our city and ensure we collectively create a vibrant community for decades to come!
Due to COVID-19, the events below will now be held virtually. Details will be confirmed upon registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-378-8615 to register.
- Business and Economic Development Webinar: Wednesday, October 7th 5:00 – 6:00pm.
- Land Use and Housing Webinar: Wednesday, October 7th 6:00 – 7:00pm.
- Infrastructure and Climate Change Webinar: Wednesday, October 7th 7:00 – 8:00pm.
- Poverty Reduction and Food Security Webinar: Friday, October 9th 3:00 – 5:00pm.
The following events will be held as scheduled:
- City Pop-Up Booth at Farmer’s Market on Quilchena: Saturday, October 10th 9:30am – 2:00pm.
Due to COVID-19, the events below have be postponed to a future date. Visit www.merritt.ca/ocp for updates.
- Ideas Fair: previously scheduled for October 5th. New date TBD.
- Community Visioning Workshop: previously scheduled for October 7th. New date TBD.
Please visit www.merritt.ca/ocp for more details on the Official Community Plan.
For More Information Contact:
Manager of Planning & Development Services
City of Merritt
Phone: (250) 378-8620