The City of Merritt is seeking an expression of interest from qualified firms or individuals for the provision of Building Inspection Services on a three day per week contract basis and expandable based on project volume.
Reporting to the Planning & Development Services Manager the firm or individual will provide support and expertise in the area of Building Services and Building Inspection. The contract will include:
• Providing the expertise and advice regarding project supervision to ensure compliance with the B.C. Building Code, Provincial and Federal Regulations, and City bylaws;
• Provide advice to Planning & Development Services staff on a wide variety of construction matters;
• Issue building and plumbing permits;
• Inspections for building and plumbing permits
• Regularly consult with City staff, design professionals, developers and the general public.
This position is at an advanced professional level involving a high level of initiative and independent judgment. Ideally, you will hold a post-secondary diploma or degree in Architecture or Engineering along with five to eight years experience in a similar senior role. Previous supervisory experience is critical, as are strong communication skills and the ability to maintain good public relations. Level II BOABC Certification is required, while level III is preferred, or equivalent level recognized with the Alliance of Canadian Building Officials Association (ACBOA).
Interested firms or individuals are requested to submit their written expression of interest by email, stating how they meet or exceed the above criteria, how they propose delivering the identified service as well as a fee for service schedule to the undersigned by 4:30 pm November 16, 2015.
Forward response to:
Sean O’Flaherty, Planning & Development Services Manager
City of Merritt
P.O. Box 189, 2185 Voght St,
Merritt, BC V1K1B8