Merritt, A Lifestyle Community: A great place to live, work and play! Merritt is located in the beautiful Nicola Valley, at the crossroads of the Coquihalla highways, centrally located between Kelowna and Kamloops while only a three (3) hour drive from downtown Vancouver. The community of Merritt is rich in culture and arts, affords year round recreation and community facilities to meet every need. The climate is moderate.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Public Works, the Seasonal Public Works Labourer performs a variety of duties related to Public Works maintenance operations. There is a variety of work in this position and labourers will be required to perform general labour duties and relief work as required.
The pay rate is $26.06 (2017 CUPE Collective Agreement plus fourteen (14%) per cent in lieu of benefits.
Hours of Work
This is a full time seasonal position with hours of work as outlined in the CUPE Local 900 Collective Agreement.
• Demonstrate the willingness to learn City Operations and maintenance procedures in parks, streets, utilities or other activities.
• Is a team player with a positive working attitude.
• Have the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Able to perform continuous strenuous physical labour.
• Operate equipment efficiently and safely.
• Are flexible in assigned work tasks.
• Demonstrated BC Driver’s License, Class 3 with an air endorsement
• First Aid level 1
• Microsoft Word and Excel Programs
• Minimum one year operating various types of light and heavy equipment.
• Some technical experience using as-built drawings, utilities operations and/or other activities related to municipal operations.
• Parks and/or landscaping experience
Current resumes reflecting applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position and detailing education, qualifications and proof of required licenses/certificates/degrees will be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 28, 2018 by:
Deputy Clerk/Human Resources Manager
City of Merritt
PO Box 189, 2185 Voght Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018
Posting Expires: Wednesday, February 28, 2018