Merritt, A Lifestyle Community: A great place to live, work and play! Merritt is located in the beautiful Nicola Valley, at the crossroads of the Coquihalla highways, centrally located between Kelowna and Kamloops while only a three (3) hour drive from downtown Vancouver. The community of Merritt is rich in culture and arts, affords year round recreation and community facilities to meet every need. The climate is moderate.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Public Works, the Public Works Summer Students perform a variety of duties related to Public Works maintenance operations. There is a variety of work in this position and labourers will be required to perform general labour as required.
The pay rate is $15.35 (2017) CUPE Collective Agreement plus fourteen (14%) per cent in lieu of benefits.
Hours of Work
This is a full time seasonal position with hours of work as outlined in the CUPE Local 900 Collective Agreement.
Students hired under this program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year.
• Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Is a student in a post-secondary, vocational or technical program.
• Is not attending full-time classes while carrying out the job pursuant to this Agreement.
• Is legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• Does not have another full-time (thirty (30) hours or more per week) summer job.
• BC Driver’s License
• First Aid level 1
• Equipment Operator – weed eating, lawn mowing and operating various power tools
• General clean-up
Current resumes reflecting applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position and detailing education, qualifications and proof of required licenses/certificates/degrees will be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2018 by:
Deputy Clerk/Human Resources Manager
City of Merritt
PO Box 189, 2185 Voght Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018
Posting Expires: Wednesday, February 28, 2018