Merritt, A Lifestyle Community: “The Country Music Capital of Canada” with a population of approximately 7,000 is inviting applications for the position of arena maintenance workers. A great place to live, work and play! Merritt is located in the beautiful Nicola Valley, at the crossroads of the Coquihalla highways, centrally located between Kelowna and Kamloops while only a three (3) hour drive from downtown Vancouver. The community of Merritt is rich in culture and arts, affords year round recreation and community facilities to meet every need. The climate is moderate.
Reporting to the Arena & Municipal Facilities Manager, the arena maintenance worker works as part of a staff team responsible for operating ice-making and resurfacing equipment in the production and maintenance of the arena ice; monitor refrigeration equipment including taking and recording readings and reporting issues; checking, adjusting and performing routine repairs and maintenance tasks on equipment and ensuring ice quality is maintained. You will perform a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and minor repair tasks; perform routine janitorial duties such as cleaning public areas, washrooms and change rooms; carry out security checks; ensuring patrons adhere to facility rules and regulations; as well as prepare and maintain a variety of simple records related to the work.
The 2018 pay rate is $3,800 per month.
Hours of Work
This is a full time seasonal position.
• Must comply with all aspects of the Criminal Records Review Act
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent supplemented by training related to the work plus some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in ice-making operations
• Knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in building maintenance and janitorial work
• Some knowledge of refrigeration equipment operation and the ability to operate ice-making and resurfacing equipment and to monitor refrigeration equipment is necessary
• You will also have the ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance, and minor repairs tasks and to perform routine janitorial duties while working under minimal supervision, ensuring janitorial tasks are completed
• Dealing courteously and effectively with patrons in ensuring observance of facility rules and regulations
• Emergency First Aid, CPR Certification, and AED
• BC Class 5 Driver’s License
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and the public
• Experience in the field of recreation an asset.
Applications without the attached required documents will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Current resumes reflecting applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position will be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, December 22, 2017 to:
Chief Administrative Officer
City of Merritt
PO Box 189, 2185 Voght Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Or by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017
Posting Expires: Friday, December 22, 2017